- Antonios Vogiatzis, Georgios Chalkiadakis, Konstantia Moirogiorgou, and Michalis Zervakis: A Novel One-vs-Rest Classification Framework for Mutually Supported Decisions by Independent Parallel Classifiers. In Proc. of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST-2021), A Virtual Conference – Online, August 2021. [file]
- Antonios Vogiatzis, Georgios Chalkiadakis, Konstantia Moirogiorgou, George Livanos, Maria Papadogiorgaki and Michalis Zervakis: Dual Branch CNN for the Identification of Recyclable Materials. In Proc. of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST-2021), A Virtual Conference – Online, August 2021. Best Student Paper Award winner* [file]
- M. Koskinopoulou, F. Raptopoulos, G. Papadopoulos, N. Mavrakis and M. Maniadakis, Robotic Waste Sorting Technology: Toward a Vision-Based Categorization System for the Industrial Robotic Separation of Recyclable Waste, in IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, pp. 2-12. DOI: 10.1109/MRA.2021.3066040
- F. Raptopoulos, M. Koskinopoulou and M. Maniadakis, Robotic Pick-and-Toss Facilitates UrbanWaste Sorting, 2020 IEEE 16th International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE), HongKong, 2020, pp. 1149-1154. DOI: 10.1109/CASE48305.2020.9216746
- E. Papadakis, F. Raptopoulos, M. Koskinopoulou and M. Maniadakis, On the Use of Vacuum Technology for Applied Robotic Systems, 2020 6th International Conference on Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (ICMRE), Barcelona, Spain, 2020, pp. 73-77. DOI: 10.1109/ICMRE49073.2020.9065189
- I. Giakoumaki, M. Koskinopoulou, M. Maniadakis, M. Zervakis, K. Paterakis and N. Mavrakis, ANASA Robotic Sorter: Design, Implementation, Pilot Run, in proc. of 7th International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management Crete Island, Greece, June 2019. [abstract]
*Paper wins IEEE IST 2021 Best Student Paper Award
The paper “Dual-Branch CNN for the Identification of Recyclable Materials”, with first author the postgraduate student Antonios Vogiatzis received the Best Student Paper Award at the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IEEE IST 2021). The paper was co-authored by his MSc supervisor Georgios Chalkiadakis, and Konstantia Moirogiorgou, George Livanos, Maria Papadogiorgaki, and Michalis Zervakis. This work was funded by ANASA (“Autonomous robotic system for urban waste recycling”), a research project co-financed by the European Union and Greek national funds through the Operational Program Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, under the call RESEARCH — CREATE — INNOVATE (project code: T1EDK- 03110, ANASA). Michalis Zervakis is the scientific coordinator of the TUC research team working within the ANASA project.